New Patient Registration
If you would like to register with the practice please use this form.
To register a new patient you will need to live within our practice boundary.
You will also need to show at least two documents to prove your name, address and eligibilty to receive NHS care.
Acceptable documents are listed below. Exceptions will only be made at the discretion of the Practice Manager or a Partner, reception staff cannot override these requirements.
Acceptable evidence for proof of legal name (originals only):
- Birth certificate
- Photo card driving licence
- National identity card
- Home Office identity card.
Acceptable evidence for proof of address (originals only bearing the patient’s name and dated in the last two months and showing the address being registered):
- Statement from a financial institution (bank, building society, credit card or mortgage lender);
- Bill from a utility company (gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone provider);
council tax bill;
- Letter confirming entitlement to housing benefit, council tax benefit or tax credits;
- Letter from the Home Office in relation to an application for asylum or appeal;
- Letter from the educational establishment that you are currently attending;
- Signed tenancy agreement.
Once registered, it is important to keep your contact details up to date in case we need to contact you.
We occasionally need to change appointments or send letters to you and if you have moved and not told us this can cause problems.
If Royal Mail return post to us because you have moved, you will be removed from the practice list. Any changes must be made in writing, and accompanied by a proof of address document as outlined above.